Acquia has quickly become the defacto choice when it comes to implementing advanced Drupal implementations (as it should be given the founder of Drupal is at the helm) and they continue to offer new and exciting products that take advantage of the incredible flexibility of the Drupal platform. The most recent announcement from the Acquia camp is the release of a new Acquia Commerce Cloud which aims to be the first digital experience platform to bring content to commerce.
Drupal and Acquia Commerce Cloud enables digital teams to:
- Build core commerce features such as product content, pricing, order management.
- Accelerate time to value with our suite of developer workflow tools.
- Quickly engage customers with compelling experiences driven from digital marketing content such as blogs and videos.
- Consistently deliver these experiences across channels with responsive design, and across borders with multi-lingual capabilities.
- Create socially immersive shopping experiences by building communities and integrating ratings, reviews, and social sharing, all with the protection of an integrated content moderation platform. Acquia maintains Drupal Commons, a flexible Social Business Platform for creating online social communities for social collaboration and content delivery.
- Deliver relevant content with Acquia Search, which allows customers to build rich, faceted search experiences with Apache Solr, while Acquia ensures reliability and performance.
- Complete your commerce ecosystem with our third-party partners. Ensure secure payments, localize content, review real-time analytics, and more.
- Build with confidence on the most secure, scalable, and reliable cloud platform for Drupal sites, and deploy their site as-a-service.
- Ensure application quality with a deep set of development tools to ensure application uptime, performance, and security.
- Guarantee uptime with multi-region failover. When downtime is measured in dollars, Acquia offers disaster recovery as-a-service.
A great example of a solid implementation of this product is the new Timex website (see the case study for more detail).
To learn more about Acquia Commerce Cloud, visit their website.