A new update for WordPress is available for those running the popular open source CMS / blog platform. Version 3.4.2 sees a few security fixes and bug patches that should help stabilize installations.
Here’s a quick summary of the changes:
- Fix some issues with older browsers in the administration area.
- Fix an issue where a theme may not preview correctly, or its screenshot may not be displayed.
- Improve plugin compatibility with the visual editor.
- Address pagination problems with some category permalink structures.
- Avoid errors with both oEmbed providers and trackbacks.
- Prevent improperly sized header images from being uploaded.
A couple of security vulnerabilities were resolved as well. The vulnerabilities included potential privilege escalation and a bug that affects multisite installs with untrusted users.
Update via the dashboard or download the latest version from WordPress.org