Melody CMS, forked from the MovableType 4.x branch has now seen it's first stable release with version 1.0 announced yesterday.
- Re-tooled and slimmed down the code base to reduce bloat and increase performance.
- Revision histories for entries, pages and templates.
- Redesigned Manage Entries screen supporting inline publishing and more detailed view of each entry/page.
- Added a Design console for applying and managing themes.
- Full fidelity theme exporting.
- Full screen editor mode for entries and templates.
- Improved documentation managed entirely by the community
- New default theme: DePo.Clean by Derek Powazek.
- User experience improvements abound!
The full announcement can be found here: http://openmelody.org/blog/2011/04/say-hello-to-melody-10
Mike Johnston Author
Mike started CMS Critic in 2008 and has become a recognizable face and valued expert in the world of content management. He has worked with many small business and enterprises to establish their online presence and to assist with marketing strategies. If you are interested in working with him, drop him a line.