Melody CMS, forked from the MovableType 4.x branch has now seen it's first stable release with version 1.0 announced yesterday.
- Re-tooled and slimmed down the code base to reduce bloat and increase performance.
- Revision histories for entries, pages and templates.
- Redesigned Manage Entries screen supporting inline publishing and more detailed view of each entry/page.
- Added a Design console for applying and managing themes.
- Full fidelity theme exporting.
- Full screen editor mode for entries and templates.
- Improved documentation managed entirely by the community
- New default theme: DePo.Clean by Derek Powazek.
- User experience improvements abound!
The full announcement can be found here: http://openmelody.org/blog/2011/04/say-hello-to-melody-10
Mike Johnston Author
Mike is the Editor-in-Chief and Founder of CMS Critic, he is an entrepreneur, marketer, movie lover and tech geek. He is also known for being outspoken and blunt about his thoughts when asked. Join him on Google Plus here: http://plus.google.com/+MikeJohnstonCMSCritic