Melody CMS, forked from the MovableType 4.x branch has now seen it's first stable release with version 1.0 announced yesterday.
- Re-tooled and slimmed down the code base to reduce bloat and increase performance.
- Revision histories for entries, pages and templates.
- Redesigned Manage Entries screen supporting inline publishing and more detailed view of each entry/page.
- Added a Design console for applying and managing themes.
- Full fidelity theme exporting.
- Full screen editor mode for entries and templates.
- Improved documentation managed entirely by the community
- New default theme: DePo.Clean by Derek Powazek.
- User experience improvements abound!
The full announcement can be found here: http://openmelody.org/blog/2011/04/say-hello-to-melody-10
Mike Johnston Author
I am the guy behind CMS Critic. When not traveling, I am based out of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada where I live with my beautiful wife and kids. I provide business consulting, brand management services, web development & design, and consulting (CMS, CXM). I can also be found speaking at conferences and am successfully enjoying life as a Canadian entrepreneur.