Adobe has announced the availability of a major update to its Web Experience Management (WEM) solution, part of the Adobe® Digital Marketing Suite. At a time when marketing budgets are under intense scrutiny and a one-size-fits-all approach to reaching customers is no longer acceptable, the WEM solution helps organizations drive engagement by delivering more consistent, contextually relevant experiences on the Web, mobile devices and social media.
Through a unique combination of the latest Adobe Digital Marketing Suite products and services, Adobe WEM empowers marketers, in partnership with IT, to quickly personalize brand and e-commerce experiences, optimize landing pages and micro sites, and engage in social communities and conversations. The latest solution consists of:
- Easy-to-use, unified Web Content Management (WCM) that helps marketers leverage customer context to personalize online experiences and better reach digitally immersed customers
- Innovative HTML5 Mobile Application publishing support for the rapid, simultaneous launch of content across websites, mobile sites and smartphone and tablet apps
- Enterprise-class Digital Asset Management (DAM) intuitively integrated with Adobe creative tools and the forthcoming Adobe Creative Cloud™ to streamline creation and re-use of rich media
At the heart of the WEM solution is Adobe CQ, a recognized industry leader in WCM software built on open standards. The new Adobe CQ 5.5, available today, significantly builds on this leadership position through several innovations, as well as integration with other products in the Digital Marketing Suite, including Insight for analyzing large volumes of data in real-time; Scene7® for converting rich media to dynamic content optimized across channels; Search&Promote for targeted site search and surfacing relevant product and content matches; SiteCatalyst® for actionable online analytics; and Test&Target™ for website optimization and personalization. In addition to new e-commerce capabilities delivered via an open framework and partnership with market-leader, hybris (see separate release), Adobe CQ 5.5 advances include:
- Client Context—Deliver contextualized content and consistent brand experiences as customers move from channel-to-channel and device-to-device. Harnessing rich profile, segmentation and analytics data from the Adobe Digital Marketing Suite, Client Context empowers digital marketers to create, preview and optimize the personalized experience of target customer audiences.
- Mobile App Development—Empower marketing to rapidly create HTML5-based mobile apps through new integration with PhoneGap, Adobe’s standards-based framework for building cross-platform apps. Intuitive, drag-and-drop functionality takes full advantage of device features, such as the accelerometer, camera and GPS.
- DAM—Enable collaboration on rich media assets, including video, beyond the borders of the organization. Marketers can easily find, share, add comments to, and revise and publish assets regardless of format, speeding time to market on digital campaigns. Now includes integration with Adobe Creative Suite® tools, as well as Adobe Creative Cloud, which is expected in the first half of 2012.
- Cloud Manager (beta)—Ensure optimal performance during peak customer demand by eliminating bottlenecks and accelerating time-to-market on new campaigns. New cloud service enables marketers to take control of fluctuating peak customer traffic while minimizing turnaround time of key online initiatives.
According to Kevin Cochrane, vice president of Product Strategy and Solution Marketing:
“Web Content Management as we’ve known it just doesn’t cut it any longer. Not for CMOs tasked with enhancing corporate image and contributing to the bottom line in an age when the expectations of the CEO and customer have never been greater. And certainly not for consumers who expect highly pertinent information at the right time, whether on a desktop, tablet, or smartphone. Our Web Experience Management solution and Adobe CQ 5.5 were built with this in mind, and provide today’s digital marketer the power to personalize each experience, across channels, to build brand, drive demand, and reach new audiences.”
To learn more about CQ 5.5, visit their website http://www.adobe.com
Get free exclusive content and contests in our weekly email!
Mike Johnston Author
I am the guy behind CMS Critic and the Co Founder of Website Builders Critic. When not traveling the world attending and covering conferences, I am based out of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada where I live with my beautiful wife and kids. Visit me on my wife and my blog, Unicorns in the Mist.